Social Entrepreneurs Ireland (SEI, we, our, us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement informs you about your privacy rights and sets out how SEI, as a data controller, collects and processes your personal data in connection with your interactions with our website (www.socialentrepreneurs.ie).
1. Information we may collect from you
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We may collect and process any type of personal data you provide to us in the course of your interactions with our website. You may have provided some of your personal data directly to us such as when you visited our website by volunteering personal data when subscribing to email alerts or by using our online feedback or other forms. Categories of such personal data include names, addresses, contact information and all other information that you voluntarily provide to us when using this website or by contacting us directly. If you do not provide the requested information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or respond to any questions or requests you submit to us via our website.
3. Disclosure of personal data
SEI may disclose personal data to:
- third parties e.g. our internet service provider, who process data on our behalf and are bound by confidentiality provisions;
- third parties to who we are under a duty to disclose your personal data with in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- a public authority in the event that we are required to do so by law;
- a third party where it is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person; and
- third parties where it is necessary to meet our legitimate business interests to protect the rights, property, or safety of our visitors.
To the limited extent that it is necessary to transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the privacy and integrity of such personal data, including standard contractual clauses under Article 46.2 of the GDPR. Please contact us if you wish to obtain information concerning such safeguards (see Contact Us below).
4. Your rights
To the extent that we are a controller of your personal data you have the right to request access to, rectification, or erasure of your personal data, or restriction of processing or object to processing of your personal data, as well as the right to data portability. In each case, these rights are subject to restrictions as laid down by law. The following is a summary of your rights:
- the right of access enables you to receive a copy of your personal data upon request;
- the right to rectification enables you to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold about you;
- the right to erasure enables you to ask us to delete your personal data in certain circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing enables you to ask us to halt the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- the right to object enables you to object to us processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party);
- the right to data portability enables you to request us to transmit personal data that you have provided to us, to a third party without hindrance, or to give you a copy of it so that you can transmit it to a third party, where technically feasible;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or place of an alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 or other relevant data protection legislation.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us (see Contact Us below). We will respond to your request within one month. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of requests. We will inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of your request. We may request proof of identification to verify your request. We have the right to refuse your request where there is a basis to do so in law, or if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or to the extent necessary for important objectives of public interest.
5. Data Retention
SEI will keep and delete your information according to its internal policies and will not retain it for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is held. SEI will comply with all relevant legal and regulatory retention requirements (e.g. tax or health and safety requirements) and operational considerations.
6. Security and storage of personal data
SEI is committed to protecting the security of your personal data and takes appropriate physical, electronic and procedural measures to ensure that we keep your information secure, accurate and up to date.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
7. Links to other sites
The SEI website may contain links to and from other websites. Please note that SEI does not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies of those websites. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time at our sole discretion. If we make any changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post those changes on our website prior to the changes becoming effective. However, if we make material changes to this Statement, we will notify you by means of a prominent notice on the website prior to the change becoming effective. Please review this Statement periodically for updates.
8. Contact Us
If you have any questions, requests or complaints about this Privacy Statement or the personal data SEI holds, please email us at email@example.com or alternatively call us on 01-6853191.
Last updated: 30 April 2019